Saturday, November 16, 2013

Projects

Those of you who have been following along know that I have been preoccupied with getting family photos lately; the White Whale of which being an actual picture of Brad, Harper, Will and me together, at the same time. It seems ridiculous but we literally did not have a single photo of the four of us together.

A couple of weeks ago we had planned a trip to Dinosaur World to cap Harper's birthday weekend. Brad's parents were still in town so they came along and so did our friends the MacWherters. Even the dogs were in tow! (Dinosaur World allows dogs, how cool is that?)


Dinosaur World!

Dinosaur World!

Dinosaur World!

I had it all planned out so that we could finally get a family photo, but, once we got there, was heartbroken to find I'd forgotten to pack the camera. Luckily, Narelle stepped in and saved the day with her smart phone (yay Narelle!) and we were able to get everyone to stand still in close proximity for three entire minutes, which produced the following results...  
  




... so now I have photographic proof that I have a family. Take that, naysayers!

The other big thing I was working on last week was a Mesozoic playmat for Harper's dinosaurs. It was supposed to be a birthday gift but time really got away from me what with the newborn and house guests and all, so it was finished a little later than I'd hoped. No matter, she loved it anyway. She has played with it every day since its unveiling and twice I have gone into her room in the morning to find her cuddled up with it in bed. I am so pleased it was a hit!  

I finished a few details after this was taken but you get the jist. 

The big news around here has been Will's increasing mobility. He has literally been able to roll over on his side since he was born (he rolled over on the warming table in the Labor and Delivery Suite seconds after delivery, much to the nurses' astonishment), but hadn't rolled on to his belly yet. That is, until about two weeks ago. 

Ever since he started rolling over he's been practicing non-stop. The other day I was folding laundry on our bed while he was busy rolling over again and again. I stopped what I was doing to get it on camera, but, after ten minutes, I realized that my attempts to video it were futile. All I was able to record was him toying with me (but what a cute smile!).



Of course, I eventually gave up and, after having my back towards him to put the camera on the dresser, turned back to find him on his belly smiling. Such is life.

I'll get it on camera eventually.    

No comments:

Post a Comment