Monday, April 28, 2014

Totalitarian State

This morning, as I was preparing breakfast, I heard Harper shout something from her bedroom, but it was muffled because her bedroom door was closed. “What?” I hollered back. I heard Harper open the door a crack and repeat, “I said, ‘it’s OK mommy, everything is just fine.’” Then she closed the door again. So of course, I dropped everything and went to see what our little minimizer was up to.

Inside her room I found Will locked in the closet (he was happy as a clam checking out all the shoes) and Hemlock, our cat, lying on the bed, wearing a pair of dolly bloomers and a surly attitude. (I can’t even begin to imagine how she got them on him. That is one patient cat.) Harper was giggling with glee.

Let’s hope Harper never gets the opportunity to execute her power on a larger scale.








No comments:

Post a Comment