Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween 2014

I'll make a confession: I'm typically not a big Halloween person. In theory, I like the holiday fine, but its application is typically too laborious for me to fully embrace. This year, however, was a delightful change. Harper decided on her costume early and, in a surprising turn of events, stuck to it, so all I had to do was figure out how to do costumes. I love to carve a Jack O' Lantern and toast pumpkin seeds but found myself running too short on time Halloween day so I just went with the flow and decided to forgo them this year, which made for a much more relaxing evening. 

Just before getting dressed Harper asked, "How about we go Trick-or-Treating in the morning so we can have all day for candy?" Although a 24 hour all-candy orgy sounded (and still sounds) intriguing, we opted to stick with our plans and meet up with friends for Trick-or-Treating around the neighborhood instead.  

Snake Ballerina!

Our adorable little mouse.

The Snake Ballerina slithers stealthily to "hug up" the mouse. 

Sparkle Cat joined us for the festivities.

I don't know how anyone get a good photo of three kids at the same time.

Mom... let's GOOOO already!

BFF's. Ready to conquer the neighborhood! 

Brad decided to stay home and pass out candy while Scott, Narelle and I supervised the kids on their candy sojourn, interrupting our conversation with the occasional, "Did you remember to say 'Thank You'?". Will lasted exactly one house before retiring to the stroller for the night while Harper and Zoe acquired enough confectionary loot to cover the entire surface of the sun. It was an enjoyable evening for all.

P.S. This morning I let Harper pick out a piece of candy after breakfast (I know, I'm a terrible parent). After trying her first Whopper she asked hopefully, "Can I have a bowl of those?"







No comments:

Post a Comment