Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lazy Summer

When Brad first confirmed we would be relocating to Florida I believe the first words out of my mouth were something like, "Oh crap. I'm going to have to get used to weather again."

Since our move I have described the summers here as "oppressive" on more than one occasion. And I have likened the humidity to "breathing soup." Those of you who have spent any length of time in the deep south other than in an air-conditioned airport know of what I speak. I have noticed that we, too, are spending a lot of time indoors these days.      

The truth is, I am still a California girl, and I can’t stay indoors too long without starting to go a little stir crazy. On days like that I pack Harper up and we head outside, despite the weather.

One of the benefits of living in subtropical conditions is that you have to slow down a little (Truly. I literally cannot move as quickly in this weather without risking death by heatstroke.). Humans are amazingly adaptable creatures. Now I hardly bat an eye when the temperature outside is 85 with humidity of 98% (although you wouldn't know it to hear me complain). We just look for a big tree to sit under and enjoy nature a little. Here are some photos of us enjoying just such an outing.




I wish I’d gotten a picture of the robot diaper she was wearing that morning. It is so freakin’ cute. I’ll have to get one before she outgrows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment