Monday, February 13, 2012

The Gift

Our little Seurat

Harper  has been crazy about art lately. So we purchased a set of crayons, some nice paper, (washable) watercolors and an Aquadoodle for her. Being the proud mama, I snapped a photo of her first (and latest) masterpiece to post for all to see. It is entitled “Delicious Crayons.”
Delicious Crayons
Crayon on Watercolor Paper
February 2012

I apologize for the poor quality. It’s a little light and washed out, due to our low resolution camera. Luckily, I was able to I digitally enhanced it, for those of you who’d like a better look.

Delicious Crayons
Crayon on Watercolor Paper
February 2012
(Digitally enhanced by author)

Aren’t the colors vibrant yet serene? And I really feel like she captured a moment, something transcendent in the peaceful ordinariness of it. She really has a gift. Next week, macaroni-decorated paper plate tambourines!
Channeling Kahlo (with bees, flowers and beads).

No comments:

Post a Comment