Sunday, October 20, 2013

Birthday Wish

Brad's parents are visiting this week. Brad's father hadn't met Will yet and so they scheduled a trip to Florida to coincide with Birthday Weekend 2013 (more on that to come). 

The thing I want to do more than anything while they are here is get some family photos: Brad with his parents, the grandparents with the grandkids, and, especially, Brad, me, Harper and Will all in the same photo. Dare to dream, right? 

Well, here's the first installment of that dream. It is three generations of Bookers in the same place at the same time. For some reason it reminds me of Grant Wood's American Gothic (only more stoic). 





It was painful to get everyone to stand still for the pictures, and more than one participant complained about how long the process was taking. But in the end, not only did I get several usable photos, but I pestered them enough to get them to put their arms around each other (if only for one brief moment). Success! 

You can really see the family resemblance, can't you? Harper and Will are all Booker and no Bauer, at least phenotypically. So much for my so-called "dominant" traits.    

Afterward I snapped a couple of pictures of Harper showing off the pretty owl dress Nana and Pa gave her for her birthday. Isn't she adorable? I think The Year of the Three Year Old is going to be a lot of fun.  





  

No comments:

Post a Comment