Monday, June 2, 2014

Pick Up

The other day Brad and I were discussing the last time we were hit on. I can't remember what prompted the discussion but I do distinctly remember the last time someone tried to pick me up.

My friend, Kimberleigh, and I were running late for a class when a car with two twenty-somethings pulled up next to us at a red light and asked us where we were headed. "Prenatal yoga," we replied through peals of laughter, and sped off as the light turned green. I still remember the three thoughts that popped into my head at that moment:

1. Clearly, the only thing the Cruising Lothario Twins could see of us was the view from our busts up.

2. I couldn't remember the last time someone had asked me where I was headed.

3. Being eight and a half months pregnant, it was likely the last time anyone would ever hit on me again.* 

It was the end of an era.

Anyway, since our conversation Brad and I have been trying to flirt with each other more, which is no small feat when you have two little kids. Brad has been Googling pick-up lines and calling, texting and e-mailing me me throughout the day with his latest offering. It's silly and very sweet at the same time. It reminds me of when we were falling in love. I am so lucky to have a husband who still wants to flirt with me. 

So what about you? What do you do to keep the romance alive?

*And by "me" I am recognizing that they were mostly hitting on Kimberleigh, who is 4 inches taller than me, weighs 20 pounds less (even pregnant), is 10 years younger and has perfectly straight, long, platinum blonde hair to die for. I am not delusional enough to think that they would have flirted with me for one second had I been alone in that car. Jerks.





No comments:

Post a Comment