Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Birthday

Happy birthday to me! I can't believe I'm forty... something already.

As a marker I thought I'd get an updated baby belly shot (you people are unrelenting with your demands!) but wasn't able to get my face and my belly in the same shot due to, let's call it "girth" issues. (I'm not sure I would have been able to get the whole belly alone in the shot, either, for that matter.)

Of course, the camera always attracts Harper's attention like a moth to a flame. So this is what I ended up with:





 
 
And then there was this...
 
I humbly offer the following birthday-related Harperism, in two parts.

Part I:

Harper was asking me what kind of birthday I wanted; a dinosaur birthday? A dog birthday? I told her I wanted a clean house and cuddling birthday. Then this morning I found her taking all the pillows off the couch and throwing them on the floor.

Me: “Remember, today we are having a clean house birthday.”

Harper: “OK, mommy. I will make a mess tomorrow.”

Part II:

And our (fantastic) sitter recanted the following exchange from this afternoon:
 
Sitter: “What did you get mommy for her birthday?”

Harper: “Mommy wants a clean house.”

Sitter: “Oh, really?”

Harper: “Mommy is so silly!”
 
I suppose I am.
 
Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes!




No comments:

Post a Comment